Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Bratty Boys, and my screwy Brain

Well summer is coming to a close in a bout two weeks for me. just my luck that last week would be the busiest week for my summer job of running a daycare for my mom's workout class. yes i only work Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday but im telling you....this was hard. Tuesday i had, drum roll please, TEN!!!! little boys. TEN!! all between the ages of 5 and 7. ARG! luckily my 12 year old friend was there to help along with her 8 year old brother (he wasn't that much help though). most are pretty okay except for this little just 6 year old who must be a demon in blond curls. i had him again on Thursday and literally had to drag him off the floor back to where his mom was so she could put him in time out cause you know what? they dont really listen to me all that much. luckily with so many we played a group game of dodge ball. oh yes! throwing a ball at their little heads was most relaxing. Thursday luckily i only had 5 but i was by myself so i figured okay time to put that theater training to good use and used my stage voice the entire time. oh that surprised them. unfortunately while they werent being good boys and playing an organized game by themselves (which they did with the leadership of my one mature seven year old.) they were a little too rough and i had a total of three injuries. the little five year old who is evil but danged if he aint so cute got hit in the eye and started crying with saddest boo boo face i ever saw. hes a little monster but he seems to like me enough he gives me kiss when he leaves. (grr. that little two face!) well at least i raked in the dough that week. 70 bucks. that makes it a little better. haha.

now as ive mentioned ive been reading the twilight series and i totally love it. the first i loved the second was awesome (Jacob makes me laugh so freakin' hard i dont know why) and even the third i really liked. now i is on the fourth and oh my im nearly jumping out of my own skin. (no slight referance intended. ew.) i read 1/3 of the book in one day, i couldnt stop and in the beginning i was happy then a little more in i wasnt so much, now this morning i finished book two of BD and am happy again. im EXHAUSTING MYSELF!!! once i put the book down i couldnt stop thinking about it! last night i couldnt bring myself to do my writing because i couldnt focus i knew i was seriously in trouble when i could barely get my mind under control to say my prayers. i woke up in the middle of the night (as i do once in a while for no apparent reason whatsoever) and found my mind still on Edward and Jacob and Bella. i finally got back to sleep saying this was ridiculous and when i woke up the next morning, BAM!!!! again! its as if my mind picked up right where i left off. i was seriously getting a bit paranoid. i read some more this morning and then knew i needed some down time for fear id go mad and ruin the enjoyment of the book for myself. i literally retreated from my subconscious and put a Japanese song in my head. i got on the computer trying to think of anime (i did this the night before as well, it helped me get back to sleep to put the Gankutsuou End theme in my head) i immediately turned on my media player put on my everything playlist on shuffle and blared 'High School Never Ends' in my head. i escaped to the other side of myself, the anime geek side, to hide while my bookworm self was beat back into a controlled submission. i did some Internet stuff, watched some anime alternating with drivers ed classes and am now in control....i think.
sigh. sometimes i feel as if i have no control over my own mind. Is it just me or do i just have an extremely overactive imagination?

No comments: